When: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 at 6 p.m.
Location: Town Hall (851 Celebration Ave.)
Osceola County will present the proposed Phase 2 Celebration Avenue conceptual street changes that will add a bike lane to Celebration Avenue and Waterside Drive for Celebration residents and visitors. A brief overview of the completed Phase 1 concept plans will be provided, followed by a presentation of the Phase 2 final draft concept plans. After the presentation, County representatives and consultants will be on hand to answer questions related to the project.
Please be aware the changes proposed consist of:
- Elimination of second lane leaving Celebration approaching North Village
- Elimination of left turn lane at Golfpark
- Elimination of left turn lane at Mulberry
- Elimination of all left turn lanes at the Campus/Celebration Ave. intersection
- Elimination of left turn lane into Carlyle and Stetson University
- Addition of speed reduction pavement at all intersections from Starling to Arbor Circle
- Reduction of parking space width
- Reduction of parking lane width
Since these changes will impact every Celebration resident that uses Celebration Ave. and Waterside Drive, it is imperative that you be educated regarding these changes and the potential impacts to our community. Having your voice heard at this meeting or in regards to the topic is how the County gauges interest. This will be the only meeting the County will be hosting to get feedback to determine if they will move forward with the project. If you cannot attend, please consider sending an email to the following to voice your opinions (pro or con) and/or concerns:
Peggy Choudhry – Osceola County Commissioner
David Tomek – Community Development Manager
Joshua Devries – Department of Transportation and Transit