With fall winding down and the holidays just around the corner, it will soon be time to usher in the New Year and a new CROA Board of Directors.
In 2021, we will be looking for a few good men and women to fill the four (4) open positions on the Celebration Residential Owners Association (CROA) Board of Directors.
Governed by a seven-member Board of Directors, the Board, working side by side with Management, has a goal to protect and maintain property values by promoting an enjoyable, safe and community oriented neighborhood. Included in the maintenance is the responsibility for the operation, care and upkeep of common areas, which include contract management for the repair and improvements. The common areas include CROA owned buildings, parks, pools and playgrounds.
- A “Call for Candidates” will be mailed to each owner this month. Owner is defined in the Celebration Community Charter as “persons holding the record title to a unit.” Owners interested in running will have until January 5, 2021 to complete and return their “Declaration of Candidacy” to Town Hall. These forms will be made available on the Front Porch. The three candidates with the most votes will serve a three (3) year term, while the candidate with the fourth highest vote total will serve a one year term, finishing the term of a Board member who stepped down earlier in 2020. The call for candidates is also mailed to the address of record for each property. The ballots with online voting information is also mailed to all addresses of record for each property when the polls open.
- Information, including biographies provided by each candidate, will be posted on the Front Porch and published in an upcoming edition of the Celebration News. This material will give you an idea of the candidates’ background, qualifications and why they want to serve.
- In addition, a candidate Question & Answer session will be scheduled prior to the election deadline to give residents an opportunity to get to know the candidates face to face as well as discern their positions on various topics of interest and concern to owners.
- Each of these positions will be filled on an At-Large basis. In other words, all candidates participating in this election will be eligible for one of the four open seats. The top four (4) candidates with the most votes will fill the open positions.
- Election results will be announced at the Annual Meeting on Wednesday, March 3, 2021.
Please consider volunteering your time and talent to serve our community in this most important capacity. This is your opportunity to have your voice count in the governance of Celebration. For questions, please email email@example.com.