The CROA Board will be holding a meeting on Monday, April 17th, from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. at Celebration Town Hall (851 Celebration Ave) to discuss the Lot D Project. Many are referring to this online as the Pickleball Project. Lot D is located on the Civic Corridor behind the library next to the Celebration Community Field Complex (CCFC).
The Lot D project at its original scope included:
- Building an additional 50 space parking lot next to the existing one next to the athletic complex,
- Building 8 pickleball courts with lighting next to the new parking lot
- Making the remainder of the lot “pad ready” for future projects; in the meantime, this can be used for open field play and additional event parking, and
- Moving the existing gate at the entrance to the CCFC to allow for keycard access to the complex to curtail vandalism.
Upon receiving initial construction bids in February of this year, the Board requested updated numbers based on a reduced scope with two options. These numbers have been received and provided to the Board for review and will be the basis for the discussion on Monday.
The purpose of Monday’s meeting is to:
- Present the facts about this project and its history
- Discuss the scope and cost of the Lot D project
- Discuss the impact on the Operating Budget, future Reserve Contributions, and the Capital Improvement Budget
- Discuss potential next steps and timeframes
*This is not a voting session – no decisions will be made at this meeting*
The Board will provide a 30-40 minute presentation beginning at 6:30 p.m. After this presentation, the remaining time, approximately 90 minutes, will be available for owners to make a comment or ask clarifying questions, with a maximum of 3 minutes to do so. A representative from Calic Group, the Owner’s Representative managing this project on CROA’s behalf, will also be available to answer questions.
This meeting may be attended in-person at Town Hall or virtually via Teams or Live Stream. Those who are attending virtually who wish to comment will need to “raise their hand” in Teams and will be acknowledged by the Board. If you are watching via live stream there will be no opportunity to comment or ask questions. Those who are attending in person must sign in and check that they wish to speak. If time permits, those who did not initially check that they wish to speak will be provided with an opportunity at the end.
We look forward to seeing you there and participating in a productive discussion about the Lot D Project.