We are sure that the community is looking forward to another special Founders Day. While planning has been occurring for months to make this a truly special community event, the one thing we have yet to accomplish is controlling the weather. While no forecast is completely accurate, often decisions are made on the best information that is available at the time.
As of today, Monday, November 11, the weather forecast for this Friday is less than ideal, with on and off precipitation expected throughout the day and into the evening hours. Taking into account the forecast at hand, along with the safety of our residents and the goal of having the community enjoy what will be a memorable evening ‘Down the Boardwalk,’ the festivities scheduled for this Friday, November 15, have been rescheduled until Friday, November 22.
What does this mean?
- The carnival, complete with midway games and amusements, will take place on Friday, November 22 from 5-9 p.m. at Lakeside Park.
- The Atlantic City Boys concert will take place on Friday, November 22 at 7:30 p.m. on the Great Lawn.
- Residents now have an extra week to update their CROA ID’S so that they can partake in the fun.
- The Captain Marvel movie night, scheduled for November 22, will be rescheduled at a later date.
In addition, in regards to the activities scheduled for Saturday, November 16, they WILL PROCEED as scheduled.
- The Founders/Veterans parade will step off from Lakeside Park on Saturday, November 16 at 10 a.m. and end at Founders Park.
- The Veterans ceremony will take place on Saturday, November 16 at 11 a.m. at Founders Park.
- The town photo, along with anniversary cupcakes and lemonade, will take place immediately following the Veterans ceremony at noon at Founders Park.
While the change in plans may not be ideal, based on extended weather forecasts and taking into account the “enjoyability” factor of everyone attending, we feel that this gives us the best opportunity for an incredible evening and memorable event.
See you down the boardwalk!