As Bob Dylan famously coined, “The Times They Are a-Changin.'”
We are all well aware of how the world has been turned upside down, so rather than repeat the daily news briefings, we offer a bit of return to normalcy here in the community.
Many events have fallen from the calendar pages over the past few months and as we look at what is normally a jammed pack fourth quarter, our goal is to still provide an entertainment respite for our residents, although somewhat altered from its original plans.
FalltoberFest is scheduled for Saturday, October 10 at the Celebration Community Field Complex (CCFC). Although we had a jam packed day and evening planned, you are just going to have to wait until next year to experience it. However, we have turned the fest into a RocktoberFest and will be offering up a pair of great bands to welcome in the autumn season.
Following social distancing and health guidelines (please see accompanying information regarding health and safety procedures, as well as the reservation policy) this resident only and reservation only event will feature Off Kilter at 4:30 p.m. and Pirate Flag at 7 p.m. Gates to the complex will open at 3 p.m.
Unable to make the event? No worries! We will be live-streaming the performances so you can enjoy it from anywhere.
Off Kilter is a high-energy Celtic rock band founded in 1996. The band is a unique blend of traditional Celtic tunes and songs with a rock twist, popular covers arranged with a Celtic rock feel, and original songs. Instruments consist of bagpipes, Irish whistles, electric guitar, bass, fiddle, drums and vocals. The band performed as part of an 18-year run as one of the most popular bands at Walt Disney and currently tours the country performing at many different venues.
Pirate Flag is the premier touring Kenny Chesney tribute band in the U.S. The six accomplished musicians of Pirate Flag pay tribute to Chesney’s music, performing his music from the original recordings. Pirate Flag recreates Kenny’s concerts, playing all of his hits you know and love. Pirate Flag recreates the outstanding musicianship and showmanship that has driven Chesney to sell out stadiums and build the “no shoes nation.” The Pirate Flag show is guaranteed to engage any size crowd, bringing them to their feet and keeping the “no shoes nation” alive and going strong. They have shared the stage with such acts as Crystal Gale, Lonestar, Ricky Skaggs and Taylor Hicks amongst others. Pirate Flag has been entertaining crowds at festivals and top venues from coast to coast for over six years.
We couldn’t let October pass without some autumnal fun, especially with the format change to FalltoberFest. So, we welcome our residents to come and “trick or treat” on Thursday, October 22 at the ‘Not So Scary Hollow.’
This Halloween themed trail is a ride thru attraction, located at the CCFC and will feature many of your favorite Halloween characters. Best of all, you never have to leave your car or NEV to experience the fun. Our younger residents will be rewarded for their trek through the trail with a special give-away. This event is for residents only and CROA ID’s will be checked before entering. Experience the ‘Hollow’ from 6:30 – 9 p.m.
We have much more to report regarding our other events, so be sure to check out the October edition of the Celebration News for the details. In the meantime, please watch the website and Friday Flash for updates.
RocktoberFest Reservation Policy
In following event safety guidelines, attendance for this event will be capped to ensure a comfortable environment for residents attending.
• Reservations MUST be made in advance at celebrationparksandrec.com
• Reservations are for an ‘audience pod.’ Each pod is eight feet in diameter and can fit up to six people. Your entire party must fit into the pod. If you need additional space, please make an additional reservation
• Tables and chairs will not be provided. Residents are encouraged to bring along their own chairs or blankets. Keeping in mind that all items, including any coolers, etc., must also fit into your circle
• We will not place those not in your traveling party into your pod
• This is a resident only event and at this time, in following with our current policy for pool usage, guests will not be permitted and CROA ID’s will be checked prior to entering venue
• Social distancing between pods will be utilized, as will ample spacing to ensure adequate aisle space. Please do not cross over pods when entering/exiting area
Health and Safety
CROA is committed to the health and safety of our residents and staff. We have instituted increased health and safety measures and ask that you read and adhere to the following while enjoying this event.
• Face masks required for all attending (over the age of 2)
• Masks can be taken off while eating, drinking, or sitting in designated space
• Masks must be worn while entering/exiting event areas; walking to and from restrooms, concessions, parking
• Spectator pods are marked on the ground; please maintain distance between pods.
• The pods are to be only occupied by members of your own party
• If everyone can not fit comfortably and safely into a pod, you will be required to separate your party accordingly
• Hand sanitizing stations will be in use in the event area
• If you are not feeling well, please consider returning home and joining us at a future event
All events are subject to change or cancellation. Please visit www.celebration.fl.us or check out the Friday Flash for updates, as well as additional offerings.
This story appears in the September 2020 edition of the Celebration News